My 15 Favorite Livia Soprano Quotes on The Sopranos
1. "You want that lamp? That lamp, that's real ormolu. You know what that's worth when it's new? Take it and take the Barcalounger. Somebody's gotta take this stuff before I die. Otherwise there's gonna be an lot of stuff here that the junkman's gonna have to cart off to the dump."
2. “You know, somebody called here last night after dark ... You think I’d answer, it was dark out!”
4. "I phoned your house. Some operator answered. I couldn't understand a word she was saying."
5. "I gave it all to your cousin Josephine."
6. "Water, water, water. It's like I'm living next to Gunga Din!"
7. "Depressed? My father came to this country with 17 cents in his pocket and never made a peep. What's he got to be depressed about? Nobody threw him into the glue factory, and sold his house out from underneath him!"
8. "I will never speak another word to you again, Settimia."
9. "You've got whooping cough! Get yourself under the vaporizer."
10. "Shame? Oh, I've got plenty of shame. Believe me, you don't wanna hear what I'm ashamed of."
11. "You're still seeing your other women, Lorenzo?"
12. "Stop it, Junior. You're making me very upset!"
13. "Make plenty of noise. You never know who's in there."
14. "She better not throw any artichokes at me."
15. "You know if I was that young lady, and you came and took me to that dance, and used that kinda talk, I'd slap your face!"
Livia Soprano Quotes-Takeaways
In sum, there’s nothing, and nobody, like Livia Soprano. In spite of the size and ferocious nature of most of the wise guys, they were really no match for Livia’s wrath. Just ask Tony. Remember when he said his mother wore his father down to a little nub?
The truth is, Livia Soprano quotes add an additional level of brilliance, her rampant toxic narcissism notwithstanding. What are your favorite Livia Soprano quotes? Follow me on social media, subscribe to my newsletter (below), and be sure to check out my other blog posts, memes, and Sopranos quizzes!